Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just the Thing I Needed

I was a little out of sorts yesterday morning. My inner girl has been feeling locked in a closet again, and I desperately needed a little something that said "pretty" to me. I fired up Poynt on my Droid, and looked for a nearby Nail Salon. There was one right around the corner from my office! I made a noon appointment, and dashed over at lunchtime.

When I walked in, it was all I could do to stop myself from saying, "Yes, the guy with the purse is the one with the manicure appointment." (I carry a Cole Hahn messenger bag.) When I sat down with the nail tech, she took out a set of clippers. I said, "I'd prefer they were filed. Do them exactly how you'do any other customer's nails... how you might like yours done." She seemed to relax a little and filed my nails to lovely straight tips. After trimming my cuticles came a salt scrub hand massage, after which I went to wash my hands. Sitting back in the chair, I smiled and said, "shine me up." Some glossy topcoat later, I was ready to head back to the office, feeling just a little prettier.

I think I'll go back tomorrow for a pedi... I wonder how she'll react when I hand her a bottle of Confetti's, "My Favorite Martian?" :)

1 comment:

  1. A trip to the nail salon can be a terrific stress reliever. After a divorce court hearing, I was so stressed out I went directly to the nail salon. They thought it was odd that I was there since I had been for my normal appointment 3 days prior. I told them I was stressed out and wanted to relax. They gave me the deluxe pedicure; which included all sorts of gunk being applied all the way up to my knees. I was totally relaxed when I left. I can relate to so much of what you say.

    ReplyDelete