Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dream Sequence #1

Dream Sequence #1

I'm in a hotel suite, mine presumably.  Every main room wall has a mirror.  Looking in each in turn, the face that looks back isn't quite what i expect.  Almost me, but not quite.  I can't put my finger on it, but something's not right. 

Someone else follows me in.  A very tall man, 6'6" at least.  He has the presence of a law enforcement officer of some kind. I'm aware of him bothering me once before.  I don't want him here.

"You're breaking and entering."

"I'm not in very far," he answers.

"Don't care," i say.  "Get out."

He asks me, "What is your name?"

I turn toward him, annoyed. He towers over me, and i am not a small person. "I'm asking the questions. You don't scare me.  I don't give a flying fuck how big you are or what badges you carry…"

"What is your name?"

"I want to know who you are," i spit back angrily.

He looks me straight in the eye, squinting slightly. "You don't even know who you are."

There is a long pause.  I glance toward a chair. "Have a seat," i say quietly.

*Scene*

No comments:

Post a Comment